British Onion and Potato Tortillas
This is an ideal mid-week meal. It’s an idea dish to use leftovers so you could add bacon, peas or cheese.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Heat the oil in a 20cm frying pan and add the onions. Cook the onions for 6-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and lightly brown.
- Add the potatoes and toss with the onions. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add the parsley and season. Gently pour the eggs over the onion and potato mixture, shaking the pan so the egg mixture runs into all the gaps.
- Return to a low heat and cook gently for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are jut set.
- Place the tortilla under a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes further or until the eggs are completely set and the top is lightly brown.
- Serve with a salad or as part of a packed lunch or picnic.