Winter Slaw with Grilled Lamb Chop
This is a fresher, lighter version of your usual mayonnaise covered coleslaw that can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. You can also serve this slaw with steak, grilled salmon or a jacket potato
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a jar – giving them all a good shake. The dressing can be made ahead.
- Place the shredded cabbages, carrots and onion in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Toss the apple in the lemon juice and add to the vegetables along with the dill. Add the pine nuts just before serving.
- Add the dressing and mix well, allowing the flavours to infuse together.
- For the lamb chops, mix together the cayenne pepper and the oil until well combined. Rub the lamb chops all over with the mixture, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat; add the lamb chops and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown on both sides and cooked, but still pink in the middle.
- Serve the lamb chops with a serving of the winter slaw.